The World is in your hands

Temporary visa requirements

Visa or ID

EU citizens do not need a visa to come to study in Poland. They can enter Poland with a valid ID document (e.g. a passport or any other document certifying one’s identity and citizenship). Every incoming student is obligated to legalize the stay in Lubuskie Province Governor’s Office. The office is located in Gorzów Wielkopolski. There is also Branch Office in Zielona Gora, where students may register the residence.

International Cooperation Office offers assistance in completing all formalities. Documents that have to be submitted by the student to the Provincial Office in order to obtain the stay registration certificate include:

Registering the residence is free of charge.

Citizens of EEA

Citizens of EEA countries are subject to the same conditions as EU citizens. Citizens of Switzerland can enter Poland only on the basis of a valid passport. Non-EU citizens can enter the territory of Poland on the basis of a valid travel document (a passport) and a visa. They can obtain the Polish visa from a Polish embassy or consulate in the country of residence.

Students coming for a period of study longer than 3 months are therefore obliged to apply for a visa in a consulate or embassy for the whole planned period of stay in Poland. The prolongation of a visa in Poland is only possible in case of situations impossible to foresee while applying for the visa in the consulate. The visa can be prolonged only once.

Students who have received a visa for the whole period of stay in Poland are not obliged to apply for a residence permit for their stay in Poland.